Thursday, August 2, 2007

Baby Einstein


Ethan and I were running a bunch of errands this morning and our last stop was Meijer. He did great the whole morning and when we got home he was zonked out! Anyway, I was digging through my bag to find my calendar, and that's when I saw it...a Baby Einstein music CD...I couldn't believe it!! You may be wondering why I was so shocked?? Well it was in its original packaging and I DIDN'T BUY A BABY EINSTEIN MUSIC CD!!!

Let's go back to Meijer...I remember looking at them and then I let Ethan carry it in the cart around the store b/c it had animal's on it and it occupied him (I do this almost every time we go shopping b/c it helps me get more done and he is happy thinking he has a new toy!...is that wrong???). I had every intention of giving it to the cashier (telling her we didn't want it, like I always do) when we were checking out. Anyway, I didn't even think about it b/c the cart was totally empty. But somehow Ethan must have put it in my bag! How embarrassing will this be to go back and tell them my 22 month old stole a CD and used me as his scapegoat! Anyway, have your kids ever "stole" anything before???

8 comments:

Mrs. Hany said...

oh my goodness!!! That is too funny! I let Grace carry something everytime we shop, I only buy it if she has somehow altered the item... What a funny story to tell him when he gets older!

Rebekah said...

My almost 4 year old son recently stole a piece of chocolate candy from Berean of all places. Fortunately i found it before he got it opened in the car. VERY embaressing!

Tater & Haley said...

Thankfully I haven't had anything like that happen -YET. :) I can see how that can easily happen though. Thanks for sharing your story!

Anonymous said...

Who could indite such a cutie! Funny story! We have some close calls, so I see how easily it could happen.

Amber said...

too funny (after the fact - right?!) . . .

about a year ago I saw some tv show about a mother who was a clepto (shoplifter) and she would PURPOSELY give things to her kids as a way of stealing them since most store clerks wouldn't think a thing about it (like even putting shoes on them). Can you imagine?!?! While I'm sure it wasn't fun, what a testimony to the clerk you had to go talk to.

girlie girl said...

I did a similar things recently...I hung some kids clothes on the side of the cart. When I went to pay to totally forgot about them! It wasn't until I was puting everything in the trunk that I noticed they were still hanging there!!! Funny thing is, when I went back in the store, the greeter didn't even notice I was bringing somethig in. I just put it back on the rack!

Katie said...

I don't think it has ever happen to us, but I can see how it could easily happen. I always let James carry something around too. At least you went back, many of people would have not.

Mindy said...

LOL! That is hilarious! Little Ethan is a criminal! Haha! So far that has not happened to me, but like Haley said...it hasn't happened YET! I never have thought of letting Noah carry something around while we're shopping. Although after this incident I'm not sure I will start! Thanks for sharing!