We are trying to decide if we need a double stroller or not. I am searching online for one now and if you can belive it they go all the way up to $899.00! Seriously now, that is a bit overkill, dont you think? : )
For those of you who have them:
1. Do you feel like it was worth buying?
2. Do you used it a lot?
3. What kind did you get? Do you like it?
Thanks fellow bloggers : )
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Im not sure I'll be of any help...but when I had Caden Elijah turned 3 and I decided to just buy a double stroller at a garage sale...I got it for 20$. Its wasn't the nicest thing I'll admit, but oh well. I used it a total of 4 times and then realized that Elijah didn't want to sit in it and would rather walk. So I guess I didn't need to spend my 20$. I ended up giving it to goodwill just this past year as it sat around in our garage collecting spider webs:( Im sure had Elijah been a little younger Id have used it more, but he was just old enough to walk:). Have you thought about getting the kind that has the step in the back for kids to stand on instead of strapping them into an actual seat. I don't know what they are called but if I had to do it again Id probably buy one of those as even when kids are age 5 they get tired and to have a step for him to hitch a ride would be nice:)
I bought a double stroller at a garage sale for $40 before Nathan was born. It is a Graco brand and it was the best $40 I've spent. I still use it fairly regularly and Nathan is two and Isaiah is 3 1/2. I use it for Shauna's school stuff, doctor's appointments and other various outings. The Graco brand worked with my Graco infant car seat even though they were not bought together. It is big to take into places but folds up as small as my single stroller did.
Sara
Hey Jessica,
I bought mine on ebay when Darci was born and was very glad I had one. It's a GRACO but I think maybe some of the others are a little easier to manuever than mine is. I would also look into the kind Sandra mentioned though. Many times I"ve thought that would be handy to have that kind because I think they are a little more compact and the bigger kids is a little more free to hop on and off without as much hassle.
But I really liked having one. I think Josh was still young enough (just turned 2) that he still wanted to ride and he felt like a big kid to get to ride in the bigger seat.
anyway, that's my opinion.
thanks,
bek
Hi Jessica! I bought an evenflo double stroller when our son was born and our daughter had just turned 2. I chose that brand simply because that was the brand of infant car seat we already had and I was pretty happy with it. I used it often enough that I would still buy it if I had it to do over again. My kids are now 4.5 and 2.5 and I still use it!
Miranda Virkler
Have your hubby watch the children's items section of the ALFI- one will pop up sooner or later, and if you don't use it, you can sell it again!
Good question Jessica! I have been wondering the same thing and debating what to do! I am hoping to find a used one from someone just because I don't want to spend a lot of money on another stroller. So if anyone out there has one for sale, let me know!!
We bought the stand-on Tandum Joovy Caboose. We absolutley LOVE IT!!!! It has a standard seat for the baby, and a bench seat on the back for the older child to sit, or a platform for the child to stand on as you push. Isaiah loves it cuz he's not strapped in. He feels special. It's about $150, but has been worth every penny. It's super light-weight, unlike the common brands. SO easy to get in and out of the car, and it's easy to manuver around stores since it's not actually a double stroller. I only wish it had an adult cup holder. The child seat has a removable tray with cup holder. You can also use it with an infant carrier. I give it 5 stars! And since we're planning on more children, we'll get our money's worth. http://www.joovy.com/pages/pd_caboose.php
Lori S, being the sweetheart that she is, let me borrow hers and let me tell you, I don't know how I lived without it! Before I got it, I never went anywhere because it was too hard to take both of the kids, especially when you need to have both of them contained. Haylee loves riding in it. I never leave the house without it! I have seen several advertised in garage sale ads. Also, have Darin put a Wanted ad in the ALFI. That's what I did before Lori offered me hers, and got about 10 responses!
I don't know what I'd do without mine. I think a lot depends on the personality of your older child. Cade loves riding in the stroller and I think will for awhile.
Really, it's about the only way I can get out so it's worth every penny to me.
Mine is a Graco Metrolite. I LOVE IT! It's fairly light-weight. My single stroller was a Graco Quattro Deluxe, a big thing. The double metrolite actually is lighter and folds up slightly smaller than the big single one.
Good luck! I spent hours and hours researching and looking.
Thats the EXACT thing I was talking about....thanks Girlie Girl(whoever you are:)...this is the stroller Id buy if I had the use for it.....actually Im sure elijah would love it if he could stand on it while mall shopping.
Hi Jessica...I check in on your blog....:) I definetly would get a double stroller, I use mine ALL the time and Brady is 3. He was almost out of the stroller, but of course when his baby sister arrived he thought he needed in there to. I bought one at a garage sale for $25....it's not fancy looking but it serves its purpose. I love that both kids can be "STRAPPED" in...I like it when the 3 yr old is confined!!! :)
I totally agree with Heidi about having the 3 year old strapped in! I use mine soooooo much!!! I have the same one as Kristy L., I think! (Graco Metrolite double stroller) The main reason I got the Graco was because our infant carrier is Graco! I have had mine for three years and use it all of the time!
Thanks everyone for all the great tips! We definitly will be getting one soon!
Post a Comment