2 days ago I bought a package of Red Vines...today I realized they are all gone............Darin doesn't eat Red Vines.......oops...........................whats your food confession? : )
When I was in the hospital with preterm labor (with Paige) they told me I could eat whatever sounded good. Of course I chose redvines! Needless to say they didn't agree with me and the medicine I was on...
I have never heard of Red Vines, but maybe I'll have to check them out! My most recent food confession would be that I ate almost an entire package of Oreos in one sitting (while in front of the computer) this week. After about the 25th one they don't taste quite as good so I quit :) I think it was the next day that I was reading somebody's blog (can't remember whose)and there was a link to another blog discussion on Godly eating...very interesting...and very convicting...
I myself have never heard of Red Vines either???? From the picture it sort of looks like twizzlers. Id say it goes in spurts...cereal is a big one for me, or chocolate mini candy bars, or junior mints, or taffy, but lately I eat handfuls and handfuls of grapes and just don't stop. Even if it is a healthy food...its still horrible that I pig out on it!! ARRRHHHH....maybe I should try WATER as my next obsession:)
my food confession is McDonalds (I always get a happy meal because it is cheap and I convince myself that it is okay because it has smaller portions). I know that it is so gross, but there is just something about it!
Too funny! Michael is addicted to Red Vines as well! I only buy them for special occasions now because anytime there is a package around he has is gone in an evening. :) When I get around to having you and Matt & Rebekah over to play Settlers I'll make sure to have a bag of Red Vines for all to enjoy! Then if everyone is eating them you don't have to feel so guilty, right?!
My latest obsession has been any form of chocolate! Frozen dark chocolate M&M's, oreos, Chocolate cheesecake, chocolate chips....yummy! I'm trying SO hard not to eat them in big quantities but eat just enough to get my chocolate fix. But oreos dipped in milk just go down waaaayyyy too easily! I can down those things in no time at all! Yummy...I haven't had dessert yet, I think I'll go eat some oreos...but just a few!
Ok, so I changed the pics so you all know EXACTLY what Red vines are and what they look like! Twizzlers will deceive you into thinking they are the best but once you try a Red Vine, you will never go back :) Mindy...I am a bit selfish when it comes my to red vines...I think I may just have to bring my very own bag :) I am loving the food confessions...I know more of you have them...dont be shy, we are all here to support you : )
Red Vines are NOTHING like Twizzlers. Think of it as old fashioned root beer that was made on site and poored into a frosted mug at the diner versus the new pop culture canned root beer lables. They taste so different and yet, strangely, they are the same thing.
The great thing about Red Vines, is that they are just as good as they get hard, more chewy, and "old." It is to the point where I almost (almost) don't like them too fresh. :) They are more of a cherry flavor, but not like your typical cherry flavoring syrup. You just have to try them.
Yeah...they are that good. :)
-Michael A.
(disclaimer: it seems that they are a "love 'em or leave 'em" type of item. If you fall into the latter category, I can do nothing but show my sympathy and eat your portion)
Great analogy Michael! I usually just keep my bag open on the table so that they get that "old" chewy taste...mmm, if I didnt have two kids with me right now I would run out and buy a bag (or 2 or 3) : )
Oh just wait... when I have my freedom back again, I will have a huge list of disgusting food splurges the likes of which my body has never experienced! I'm hungry...
Michael! I SO TOTALLY AGREE - the staler the better with Red Vines! I open the bag and hope that I can somehow forget about them for a few days. Or if they are cold - they are harder! I love to gnaw them down!! :)
I also agree about the love em or hate em comment. I love them! Clint HATES them!! Oh so sad...more for me then! :)
Oh my...I'm glad I'm posting late so I could read all of these...so funny. And Michael, perfect descripton of Red Vines. My confession has got to be chocolate anything. I make homemade hot cocoa (again not anything like a mix!) a lot so that by the time I've got it in hand I'm simmered down from whatever ruffled my feathers...and with three boys it could be a lot a different things. The hot element is soothing and I make it really hot so I can't drink in too fast. =o) Don't even get me started on chips out of the bag...I hide them from myself sometimes...it works better when I'm preggers because...well you know how that works, I can't remember.
I think I may have to send Kory to the store today for a bag of Red Vines. (Just for the record I love them, He hates them). This conversation has awakened a craving!
"Hello, my name is Michael and I am a Red Vine-aholic"
I've noticed a common theme among us addicts. It seems that in marriage, if one loves red vines, the other one hates them. Allow me to drop a few names...I shall list the "lover" first.
Me & Mindy Jessica & Darin Jami & Clint Megan & Kory Rachel & Ben
(Sorry to bring you out of the closet Rachel, but seriously, be proud that you are one of the few who hasn't fallen prey to the Twizzler marketing machine.)
Does anyone have a marriage in which they have to *gasp* SHARE their Red Vines with their spouse!?
I live in a household in which both adults enjoy Red Vines. But I guess we might be a definite minority. I go in spurts over what I crave. It is usually fruity things, like Skittles. However, thanks to Amber, I found Candy Cane Hershey Kisses, which I might have to buy in bulk before Christmas so I can savor them all thru the year! I have been eating them by the handful!! Its terrible! ~Alissa
Candy Cane Hersey Kisses????? OH MY....now I NEED to go to the store!! THose sound absolutely wonderful. SOunds to me like a new craving is coming forth. :)
22 comments:
EXACT SAME ONE!!!!!!!!
When I was in the hospital with preterm labor (with Paige) they told me I could eat whatever sounded good. Of course I chose redvines! Needless to say they didn't agree with me and the medicine I was on...
Somehow that didn't cure me though!! :)
I have never heard of Red Vines, but maybe I'll have to check them out! My most recent food confession would be that I ate almost an entire package of Oreos in one sitting (while in front of the computer) this week. After about the 25th one they don't taste quite as good so I quit :) I think it was the next day that I was reading somebody's blog (can't remember whose)and there was a link to another blog discussion on Godly eating...very interesting...and very convicting...
janelle :)
Chocolate chips....right out of the bad - so bad!
warm chocolate chip cookies...mmmmm! or if I am lazy, I just love the dough too.
I myself have never heard of Red Vines either???? From the picture it sort of looks like twizzlers.
Id say it goes in spurts...cereal is a big one for me, or chocolate mini candy bars, or junior mints, or taffy, but lately I eat handfuls and handfuls of grapes and just don't stop. Even if it is a healthy food...its still horrible that I pig out on it!! ARRRHHHH....maybe I should try WATER as my next obsession:)
my food confession is McDonalds (I always get a happy meal because it is cheap and I convince myself that it is okay because it has smaller portions). I know that it is so gross, but there is just something about it!
Too funny! Michael is addicted to Red Vines as well! I only buy them for special occasions now because anytime there is a package around he has is gone in an evening. :) When I get around to having you and Matt & Rebekah over to play Settlers I'll make sure to have a bag of Red Vines for all to enjoy! Then if everyone is eating them you don't have to feel so guilty, right?!
My latest obsession has been any form of chocolate! Frozen dark chocolate M&M's, oreos, Chocolate cheesecake, chocolate chips....yummy! I'm trying SO hard not to eat them in big quantities but eat just enough to get my chocolate fix. But oreos dipped in milk just go down waaaayyyy too easily! I can down those things in no time at all! Yummy...I haven't had dessert yet, I think I'll go eat some oreos...but just a few!
Ok, so I changed the pics so you all know EXACTLY what Red vines are and what they look like! Twizzlers will deceive you into thinking they are the best but once you try a Red Vine, you will never go back :) Mindy...I am a bit selfish when it comes my to red vines...I think I may just have to bring my very own bag :) I am loving the food confessions...I know more of you have them...dont be shy, we are all here to support you : )
An entire box os Little Debbie's Devil Squares in one sitting. On more than one occasion.
Right now, anything that contains a lot of sweet(sugar) or salt, or carbs. HEE
So question anyone???? I do NOT LIKE TWIZZLERS....will I even like these??? AND what flavor are they?? Cherry???
Oooooohhh. Sandra, Sandra, Sandra.
Red Vines are NOTHING like Twizzlers. Think of it as old fashioned root beer that was made on site and poored into a frosted mug at the diner versus the new pop culture canned root beer lables. They taste so different and yet, strangely, they are the same thing.
The great thing about Red Vines, is that they are just as good as they get hard, more chewy, and "old." It is to the point where I almost (almost) don't like them too fresh. :) They are more of a cherry flavor, but not like your typical cherry flavoring syrup. You just have to try them.
Yeah...they are that good. :)
-Michael A.
(disclaimer: it seems that they are a "love 'em or leave 'em" type of item. If you fall into the latter category, I can do nothing but show my sympathy and eat your portion)
Great analogy Michael! I usually just keep my bag open on the table so that they get that "old" chewy taste...mmm, if I didnt have two kids with me right now I would run out and buy a bag (or 2 or 3) : )
Oh just wait... when I have my freedom back again, I will have a huge list of disgusting food splurges the likes of which my body has never experienced! I'm hungry...
Michael! I SO TOTALLY AGREE - the staler the better with Red Vines! I open the bag and hope that I can somehow forget about them for a few days. Or if they are cold - they are harder! I love to gnaw them down!! :)
I also agree about the love em or hate em comment. I love them! Clint HATES them!! Oh so sad...more for me then! :)
Oh my...I'm glad I'm posting late so I could read all of these...so funny. And Michael, perfect descripton of Red Vines. My confession has got to be chocolate anything. I make homemade hot cocoa (again not anything like a mix!) a lot so that by the time I've got it in hand I'm simmered down from whatever ruffled my feathers...and with three boys it could be a lot a different things. The hot element is soothing and I make it really hot so I can't drink in too fast. =o) Don't even get me started on chips out of the bag...I hide them from myself sometimes...it works better when I'm preggers because...well you know how that works, I can't remember.
I think I may have to send Kory to the store today for a bag of Red Vines. (Just for the record I love them, He hates them). This conversation has awakened a craving!
"Hello, my name is Michael and I am a Red Vine-aholic"
I've noticed a common theme among us addicts. It seems that in marriage, if one loves red vines, the other one hates them.
Allow me to drop a few names...I shall list the "lover" first.
Me & Mindy
Jessica & Darin
Jami & Clint
Megan & Kory
Rachel & Ben
(Sorry to bring you out of the closet Rachel, but seriously, be proud that you are one of the few who hasn't fallen prey to the Twizzler marketing machine.)
Does anyone have a marriage in which they have to *gasp* SHARE their Red Vines with their spouse!?
I live in a household in which both adults enjoy Red Vines. But I guess we might be a definite minority.
I go in spurts over what I crave. It is usually fruity things, like Skittles. However, thanks to Amber, I found Candy Cane Hershey Kisses, which I might have to buy in bulk before Christmas so I can savor them all thru the year! I have been eating them by the handful!! Its terrible!
~Alissa
Candy Cane Hersey Kisses????? OH MY....now I NEED to go to the store!! THose sound absolutely wonderful. SOunds to me like a new craving is coming forth. :)
Who knew Red Vines could create such conversation :)
Post a Comment