Wednesday, August 19, 2009

funks grove

Last week we went to the Nature Center at Funks Grove for a few hours. Ethan and Will had a really great time but Micah seriously cried almost the whole 2 hours we were there! It was an interesting morning to say the least!

Isn't this the coolest swing you have ever seen?? Loved it!



Ethan really really wanted to climb this tree and so did Will but I felt like that was a bit much with both of them up there and a screaming infant below :)
Thankfully there was this sweet boy up there (whose name was Will) and he said he would help Ethan explore. Ethan loved it!
Crossing the brick bridge...
We packed our lunch and the boys thought it was pretty cool to eat on a log...it doesn't take much for them!
There was a zip line as well, pretty fun! Will wouldn't attempt it, I was kind of surprised!
Digging for bones and fossils
There was so much more to do there (build forts, dig holes, play in the creek, trade special treasure at the trading post) but I was busy trying to sooth Micah that I didn't get very many pictures. Wouldn't you know, the moment I started the van and got on the road to go back home, he was a perfect angel the rest of the day and evening! :)

www.sugargrovenaturecenter.com

No comments: