Monday, March 16, 2009

daddy fun!

This weekend Ethan got spoiled by his daddy!
We were given tickets to the Gather Homecoming concert in Bloomington and well...I am just NOT a fan :) But Darin's favorite hour of the day is 7-8pm on 100.1 b/c it is Southern Gospel HOUR!!! So he took Ethan with him and lets just say, he was SUPER excited to go! The concert was 4 hours and they lasted until intermission which was 2 hours. Ethan fell asleep on Darin during the concert...wish so much I had a picture of that.
Here they are with their tickets. Ethan thought it was equally as fun to just have a ticket. How cute are they :)
Then Saturday Darin bought them matching sunglasses and he didn't want to take them off! I thought it was so funny b/c he put them on his head like Darin does...he looks like he thinks he is pretty hot stuff...
Then on Sunday Darin was given free tickets to a hockey game! So Ethan went with him to that too. I sent the camera with Darin and said, "take lots of fun pics, like one with both of you and some of Ethan eating his hot dog (b/c he was SOOOO excited to get a hot dog there!) and other fun stuff!" And this is the only picture that came back :) Darin said Ethan did really good but was a bit disturbed by some of the loud noises...Ethan came home elated b/c Darin bought him his first Pepsi...oh dear...he is going to be just like his daddy. The cup was about 1/16th empty so I don't think he really liked it but he just liked having something that was grown up :)


Ha! Anyway, I just love that they had so much fun together this weekend. When Ethan was a baby Darin would start talking about how fun it will be to take his sons to things like this. So it was really fun for him to actually start doing some of these special little father-son outings. And it is even more fun for me to watch it all happen :)

1 comment:

Kristy said...

My Mom & I were also given tickets to the concert Fri night! I saw Ethan sleeping, and Darin waking him up to leave...He was precious! But I couldn't believe he could sleep, it was SO LOUD! If all of those 80+ yr olds couldn't hear before, they sure can't now! :) What a fun weekend for those 2!