Monday, December 8, 2008

12/8/08


Here are a few Christmas things that we have been doing lately!




I just came across this book today (on my own bookshelf that I didn't even know I had!) called
the ADVENTure of Christmas by Lisa Whelchel
I am VERY impressed and SO excited about it. For each of the 24 days preceding Christmas she has something for you to do with your children. She felt (like many people) that Jesus often can get lost in the frenzy of the season and so She began to look for Jesus in all the normal "Christmasy" things that we do while also learning about the history of them. Like baking cookies, the meaning of the candy cane (did you know that used to be a pacifier for babies?) and why we wrap gifts. I am so impressed with this book. While doing all the fun things with our kids we can have such neat conversation with them on why we are doing what we are doing and all the "whys" of Christmas traditions. Jesus is in all of them! I love that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness girl! You are little Miss Suzy Homemaker:-)That book sounds great! I am going to buy it for some Christmas gifts I still need as well as put it on my Christmas list! Thanks for the recommendation! Love ya

Amber said...

I want to live in your house at Christmas time!

I'm so going to have to write down that book to get - it sounds so neat!

I think you do a great job of being a purposeful mom with your kids Jessica. I've always admired that about you!

Whitney said...

I will definitely be checking out that book, maybe for next year! And I always check your blog too late to enter any contests :(